Northside Fire Station

Constructed on East 4th Street in 1917, the building has undergone a significant transformation.

The Northside Fire Station at 624 East Fourth Street, was one of two new fire stations constructed in Reno in 1917, both in the "bungalow" style, which featured a front porch. While the Southside Station at the corner of South Virginia and California Streets was designed to resemble a residence, in keeping with its surrounding context, this one was constructed to fit in with the contemporary industrial nature of East Fourth St. The architect for both was renowned Nevada architect Frederic DeLongchamps.

Initially designated the Northside Station (and sometimes called Station 2 or Station 3), this was one of just three stations in Reno at the time. Already standing was the Central Station, located at the intersection of Commercial Row and West Street. When the Southside and Northside Stations were built in 1917, Reno was just switching from horse-drawn to motorized apparatus.

This station was vacated by the Reno Fire Department in 1950 when a new, much larger station was built at Fifth Street and Morrill Avenue. The Northside Station building still exists but the front has been extensively remodeled.

This entry appears in partnership with Reno Fire Antique and Classic Apparatus, Inc., which was established to acquire, restore, and display fire apparatus related to the Reno Fire Department.


The Northside Fire Station in its early years
The Northside Fire Station in its early years A 1916 Seagrave 2 tank chemical engine in front of the station. The engine still has its solid rubber tires. Standing is Chief W.W. Webster. Source: Jon Wagner
The Northside Station in the 1940s
The Northside Station in the 1940s A 1947 American Lafrance 700 series pumper on the ramp in front of the station. Source: Jon Wagner Date: 1940s
Captain Joe Mosconi at the Northside Station
Captain Joe Mosconi at the Northside Station Captain Joe Mosconi sits at the right in this photo of the Northside Fire Station. Captain Mosconi left the Reno Fire Department in 1945. Note the accordion-style folding doors on the apparatus bay. Source: Jon Wagner
An extensive remodel
An extensive remodel Sometime after the Reno Fire Department vacated it in 1950, the fire station building was extensively remodeled, as seen in this January 2008 photo when it housed the HAWC Outreach Medical Clinic. Creator: Jon Wagner
Tutto Ferro, 2013
Tutto Ferro, 2013 Master steelworkers Tutto Ferro now occupies the former fire station space and the neighboring building, as seen in this 2013 photo. Creator: Alicia Barber Date: 2013


624 East 4th Street, Reno, Nevada


Jon Wagner, “Northside Fire Station,” Reno Historical, accessed June 14, 2024,