This three-unit brick commercial building was constructed in 1940 by H.C. Heidtman, and housed a variety of businesses in the decades to come. In the 1940s alone, these included a candy store, a piano and organ dealer, a barber shop, a physician, and an insurance office. In later years, tenants included Friden’s business machines, a laundry service, and a bar called The Depot.
The storefronts were combined in the late 1980s to serve as the offices for Walt Collins’ various restaurant businesses. Jack Bacon bought the property in 1998 and for the next fifteen years, operated Jack Bacon & Company, specializing in custom book publishing, framing, and autographs. After Bacon moved his business online, the building became a series of restaurants, reopening in 2015 as a restaurant called Fin & Filet and in 2020 became Mexcal.